Monday, August 3, 2015

a jar of jars


 i had SO much fun drawing and painting my little micro-jars,
but once i cut the page apart, i had a nice pile of micro-goodness... 
and all those illustrations were going to be hard to keep track of!
just like my chair collection, they needed a home.
so i grabbed two pieces of vellum and drew a jar on the top sheet…..





and then i sewed a tag on the front, 
along with some "lid lines" at the top.





then i clipped the two sheets together to keep them from moving around,
and sewed them together around the side and bottom edges.





once it was sewn, i trimmed the edges and filled my jar 
with all of those sweet little micro-jars!
these are my absolute favorite kind of projects…..
super easy, super functional, and super cute!


{supplies:  vellum paper, micron, scrapbook paper, 
colored pencils, pigment ink pad, 6B pencil, sewing machine}


7 comments:

Janine said...

I so look forward to all your art and your posts. Love your style. Keep 'em coming. Makes my day.

IndyCinD said...

A jar full of cuteness!

Createology said...

You are sew clever and creative. Love your jar of micro jars. Creative Bliss...

Cathy Michels said...

This is so clever and adorable! My kind of canning!

moongirl said...

I love this so much. You little paintings are precious!

Sandi Keene said...

One of the sweetest things I have ever seen!!

Unknown said...

hai una grande creatività: adoro i tuoi disegni!
lori

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...